[78-L] Average Age.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 12 07:10:31 PST 2010

Hi!

You can certainly buy a whole range of styli in the UK.
Mind you...they're not cheap.

I'm currently in touch via e-mail, with a 25yo who lives in Armenia.
His English is pretty good.
He's doing a dissertation on fine art, but his passion is for the
same opera singers who recorded from 1890-1950.

However, it's the music he loves, rather than the records...and he
hasn't either access of funds to buy 78s.
So, he collects Mp3s of these ancient recordings.

Then, there's a student living in the Midlands (UK) who wishes to buy
some of my spare Caruso 78s.
He wants them in good condition, because he's interested in record
restoration...

As for me, I began to collect 78s, mainly operatic ones, when I was
6yo. That was in 1953!

Now I have 10,000 of them plus a lot of doubles which I must try to
sell and make some space!!! ;-)

Earl.