[78-L] Average age

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Nov 11 15:39:48 PST 2010

There aren't many consumer goods from 70-80 years ago that are still functioning and able of being enjoyed in today's world. I like to imagine where the 78 I am playing was first heard. Not the recording, but that actual record. Was it in some dry goods store in Goodlettsville, Tennessee? A furniture store in downtown Fort Worth? Or maybe it was owned by one of the performers themselves! The sound is a freeze-frame from a moment in time - like an audio photograph (is there where the term "waxing nostalgic" came from??)

Cary Ginell