[78-L] "Buy It Now!"

goldenbough at arcor.de goldenbough at arcor.de
Tue Nov 9 06:36:31 PST 2010

.
David,
I doubt that it is your Canadian email addy that triggers the ban. The reason being that it works
well for me with all my email addresses being in Germany. So, if your default shipping address
is a U.S. address anyway, then it may have to do with the link to PayPal.

In fact, what I do in order to be on the safe side - before bidding or activating a snipe, I change
both my eBay AND PayPal shipping address to be the address for the 'right' country.

However, eBay has made so many changes lately - especially with the seller settings for international
sales -  that I fear it's nearly impossible to figure out all the options for the technical viability.

AFAIK, you can now opt out 'buyers from certain countries' or 'buyers with an address I do not ship to' -
which, of course, is not the same. So, maybe you encouter this kind of embargo.

Have you tried registering a separate eBay purchasing account with your U.S. shipping address as
the Home Address? If this is viable, then you simply link it to your usual PayPal account for payments.
You can even have your eBay and PayPal accounts 'verified' with your U.S. address, if you manage to
get a U.S. bank account with your U.S. address! (I have just opened a bank account with HSBC in NYC,
with online banking and debit card)

It suffices to 'rent' a U.S. shipping address through a 'mail forwarding service'.  One finds a ''mail
forwarding service'' on eBay by searching for this combination of words. Some of them are inexpensive,
like $5.oo per shipment plus original USPS First Class postage.

Benno