[78-L] Freddy or... r (was: Walter Winchell Varsity)

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Mon Nov 8 11:48:56 PST 2010

Greetings from FixitLand!

Malcolm Rockwell wrote:

> Which reminds me, Rust spells Freddie Martin's name consistently as
> Freddie in ADBD and Johnson/Shirley spell it as Freddy in their ADB.
> I've always thought it was Freddie. The one record I have by him is Vi
> 20-2709 and the label says Freddie. Who is correct? Are there label
> instances of both spellings?

Now that's weird -- if I've *ever* seen a "Freddie" Martin record, it
would've been one of the Melotones or such. Have *never* seen
anything other than "Freddy" on a Victor...would LOVE to see a label
scan of your copy of 20-2709! I'll have to check to see if I have
that one...got a LOT of Martin but not everything.

Take care,

Joe
—
Cats: I've got 'em right where they want me.