[78-L] Beiderbecke TV series on BBC

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 04:35:26 PST 2010

JOHN WRIGHT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As usual I'm a week behind with 78L digests.
>
> The Beiderbecke Affair etc did NOT feature ANY music played by Bix.
>
> The music was only ever clips played by a present-day British band.
>
> Bix rarely mentioned in the scripts. Non-jazz fans learned nothing about
> him.
>

> John
The introductory and concluding music was a twee version "Singing The
Blues" arranged by Ray Russell. A pretty dismal series. I thought it was
a waste of time because they came out about the same time as the Sunbeam
Complete Bix LP series, which made the hunt for Bix's records seem
rather redundant.

      Julian Vein