[78-L] Does anybody know an institution that has a large collection of Polish recordings made in this country?

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Sun Nov 7 13:34:03 PST 2010

Message: 13Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 19:57:47 -0400From: Rockined1 <rockined1 at aol.com>Subject: Re: [78-L] Does anybody know an institution that has a large collection of Polish recordings made in this country?To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
what about any Polka sites???  I'm not making a joke but it seems that Polka oriented material is starting to sell.Can anybody suggest any places, specially ones that are affiliated with Polish American institutions,  that ave this kind of collection?

If Polka oriented material is becoming salable, I'd appreciate knowing of parties that might be interested.
A recently acquired collection of about 500 78s, consisting primarily of 1930s jazz, of which about 130 were Australian pressings
included about 30 late 1940s-early 1950s Polish polka records, many on Dana label.  I'd like to unload them.

Art