[78-L] "Protection" and other problems

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 6 20:50:38 PDT 2010

I had a few eBay sellers who claimed they'd sent the record and it was my tough
luck for not buying insurance. If it was a $4 item, it wasn't worth screaming
over. One of those sellers is still very active on 78-C but he lost my business
years ago. I also had sellers give me refunds when records were "lost", like
the Stepin Fetchit (on Apollo?)..he may have received a better offer or it may
have legitimately disappeared. One never knows.

As for trust, service stations get ripped off regularly. If you find one in a
major US center where you can fill up without paying first, you've found a
rarity (there still are some). And WalMart probably gets a lot of counterfeit
twenties.

dl