[78-L] Chaw Mank

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Thu Nov 4 14:37:35 PDT 2010

I recently turned up a copy of the sheet music of "The Last Rose From Your Wedding Bouquet," 1938 by Art E. Davis and G. F. White.  The cover has an inset of Chaw Mank and his Blue Ribbon Dance Band.  The music stands used by the 8 piece band are wonderful pieces of art deco.  I never heard of Mank, but google took me to http://www.bukisa.com/articles/256145_staunton-illinois-chaw-mank-songwriter-bandleader-and-fan-club-pioneer.  The fellow who wrote the entry, William J. Felchner, mentions that items from Mank's estate show up.  He should be one to know since, elsewhere, it is mentioned that he bought the estate.

Felchner also wrote: "Many of Mank's records and sheet music were produced by his own firm, the Blue Ribbon Music Company. The records were issued in both 78 and 45 rpm format."  I don't see Mank listed in the new edition of ADBD.  Does anyone have information about those records?

Art