[78-L] Ray Kinney test pressing

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 16:23:19 PDT 2010

Thanks for the information.There were quite a number of those labels down in
L.A. I've come across.Pan
American was one of them:the trumpeter Rafael Mendez recorded "Kitten on the
Keys" with a studio

group and I have that one.Al Hendrickson once told me he did a few for
Mendez.George Wendt,who h-
ad worked for Artie Shaw in 1940 and '41-he was a trumpeter-was on that "Kitten
on the Keys" date.
I don't know just when the recording was made.What I have of Mendez is on Decca.