[78-L] Ray Kinney test pressing

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Oct 28 21:35:44 PDT 2010

From: Dan Van Landingham
> I assume you're speaking of C.P.MacGregor who had a studio in L.A.I have a
> few
of his records some
of which was by an organist like Gaylord Carter.When I first met the late
guitarist Al Hendrickson back
in 1980,he told me that when Capitol started out,they recorded at
MacGregor's
studio.I had a two vol-
ume Hindsight set of Stan Kenton from 1941 and according to the liner
notes,the
broadcast was record-
ed at the MacGregor studios.

C.P. MacGregor had at least two different partners (credited as "MacGregor
& whomever" on the labels"...the first was "Sollie" and IIRC another was
"Ingham"...?! He operated (and may have acquired?!) the "Allied" studio,
which had been Columbia's west coast operation before mid-1934...!

Steven C. Barr