[78-L] Video Formatting issues on the Feinstein DVD -

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 08:17:30 PDT 2010

Thanks for your comments Sammy. I guess what my concern was - and is - is that the AVERAGE consumer with a standard TV - over 10 years old will but the DVD and have problems. Trust me, Amazon or PBS Home Video are not going to explain how to adjust the DVD player. And the buy is stuck with it. PBS puts out hundreds of DVDs like this. So does Warners. And NONe have this issue. So I was trying to help the company making them. It is NOT PBS Home Video but Hudson East.

THAT said, the Producer/Director (it is a SHE) is sending me a Press screener that should work. She said that if it does and buyers get the commercial version and it doesn't play, the company will replace Disc One with a press screener. I should have my copy in next 2 days and will let you know.

Again, I was looking at this from the point of the normal nostalgia consumer (not a teckie) who the program is aimed at.

Steve Ramm