[78-L] Crosby the Bopper

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Oct 26 20:53:24 PDT 2010

I don't pay much attention to Crosby Deccas when I see them,  because I
(stupidly) have assumed that I have all the "good" ones.  The first 78 I
ever junked at Goodwill (1963 when I was 10) was his Swingin' On A
Star...still a fave.

Recently I found a black label one,  new to me,  of a duet of Bing and Patty
Andrews singing "Be-Bop Spken Here."  Great Vic Schoen studio band,  too.

It's a satire of the bop craze,  and the band arrangement offers every
imaginable  Kentonish cliche you could ask for,  but it works both as good
music and as humor.

I have the tune by Charlie Barnett and also Les Brown,  but Bing and Patty
win first prize.

I highly recommend it to all!

Taylor