[78-L] That's What I Like About ARA

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Oct 26 20:47:05 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Sultanof" <jeffsultanof at gmail.com>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Boris Rose

> Morros was also a musical director at Paramount Pictures in the late
> thirties. He was also an independent producer.
>
> The artist roster for ARA was an impressive one: Hoagy Carmichael, Art
> Tatum, Bob Crosby, Jan Savitt........
>
> Jeff Sultanof

..and Phil Harris,  Frances Langford,  Wingy Manone,  Paige Cavanaugh,
etc.

The  ARA versions of two of Harris's big hits,  Jelly Bean and That's What I
Like About the South,  have a great band on them...would it be a studio band
by that time,  or was in the band he had on the Benny program on radio?
Jelly Bean has a full chorus for the saxes which is a real killer!

Taylor