[78-L] Movie dubbing

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 25 16:01:36 PDT 2010

On 10/25/2010 2:36, Taylor Bowie wrote:
> The Bluebird set is great...but there are a lot of good ones which they
> didn't include.  "What About Me" is another of the highlights on the BB set.
>
> I had always read that she "retired" in 1935,  which made it all the more
> interesting that she turns up dubbng a vocal for a 1938 movie for Fox.  And
> someone else mentioned her being credited on some post-1935 radio
> show...sounds like she didn't really take to being retired!  And her 1938
> style sounds pretty up-to-date in terms of swing-influenced pop singing,
> too.

I had mentioned her name popping up on Edgar Bergen show, but didn't
note the date. Here it is, 66. (8/7/38) John Barrymore and Loretta Lee
are guests. Nelson Eddy returns as lead tenor, replacing John Carter who
was singer on the last few broadcasts.
http://www.old-time.com/otrlogs2/charlie_mg.html

By golly your right on the dates. But she obviously chose to avoid the
grind of of the profession in general.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.