[78-L] Movie dubbing

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Oct 25 12:36:25 PDT 2010

The Bluebird set is great...but there are a lot of good ones which they
didn't include.  "What About Me" is another of the highlights on the BB set.

I had always read that she "retired" in 1935,  which made it all the more
interesting that she turns up dubbng a vocal for a 1938 movie for Fox.  And
someone else mentioned her being credited on some post-1935 radio
show...sounds like she didn't really take to being retired!  And her 1938
style sounds pretty up-to-date in terms of swing-influenced pop singing,
too.

Taylor