[78-L] Dating two late Canadian RCA 78s

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Oct 24 20:14:47 PDT 2010

From: "Han Enderman" <jcenderman at solcon.nl>
> I have a few label images of the (Canadian) HMV Vic/RCA Vic 56-xxxx
> series, in the
> range 56-0002 - 56-0028, mainly by Oscar Peterson.
> What is in this series that the issues quoted (56-5438/47) have these high
> cat.nrs?
> The only available image with a high nr is HMV Vic 56-3223 by Buddy
> Featherstonhaugh.

There were several different 5*-**** series of 78's issued in Canada; Vic(C)
started
using these numbers (in specific groups) for 78 issue from c.1943-44 onward.
IIRC, I go into more detail in my Dating Guide; I was able to purchase a
large
number of applicable supplements in a large lot many years ago...!

Steven C. Barr