[78-L] Rare 78's for sale on E-Bay

marimbamoods at comcast.net marimbamoods at comcast.net
Sat Oct 23 04:05:08 PDT 2010

"Ah...the late Jim Hadfield! I used to make annual (or less) trips across
the river to buy 78's therefrom; he also knew that I collected Grey
Gull items...and found me my "Radiex promo record" announcing
that Radiex records (Radiaces?!) were now electrically recorded. IIRC
he charged me $3 for it! I have often wondered what happened
to his barn(s?) full of 78's...?"

they're still there, in richville. jim's son, eric, runs the place now. there are something on the order of 300,000 - 400,000 discs in that barn. as jim was driving off in his truck to get another batch, he used to say, "only way to get the records is go." he was a real fine person, as well as a knowledgeable record dealer.

david harvey