[78-L] Jan Garber or not Jan Garber

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Tue Oct 19 20:39:41 PDT 2010

Let me start by saying that I don't know who it is.
Tommy Tucker did have it in his book and recorded it for Okeh in 1940 with a
vocal by Don Brown.
Horace Heidt recorded it that same year for Columbia but his outfit was much
larger than the tenor lead, Mickey Mouse band on the transcription.
It seems much closer to the Tucker sound.
Garber never recorded it in 1940 but may well have played it on his
broadcasts. Who knows!
That other song sank without a trace and a good thing too.

Al Simmons