[78-L] The Lost Carnegie Hall Concert

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 15 15:20:38 PDT 2010

No slight intended. Doug has done several projects for Hep. Now he's savoring
the Savory Collection, which will occupy him for a long time to come.
Incidentally, that file photo was from a great feature article done in the
Toronto Star on Graham and me back in September 2002. The author wanted to get
a new photo of me but thought the editor would use a stock photo of Nat Cole
and she was surprised as anyone (and as surprised as I look in that picture)
when they used what was in their files.

Did a number of list members order the CD today? Apparently there's been a real
spike in orders, like fifteen in one day! It all goes to a good cause, folks,
and it encourages future projects like the humongous load of live recordings
made in Toronto in 1949 by legendary pianist A** T**** that turned up in a
basement in Stratford Ontario.

dl