[78-L] Albums

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 8 19:34:15 PDT 2010

I still hear popular artists refer to "my new album". The funny thing is how
often you'll encounter e-bay dealers or folks finding the stuff up in their
grandmother's attic who say "It's a book of records" or "a folder"..album ISN'T
a familiar term to them.

As for a single 78 referred to as an album, you're all forgetting some specific
releases, often kiddie discs, that (a) used single number AND album numbers as
catalogue numbers (Decca did this a lot) and that (b) on occasion consisted of
one record in an actual "album", often with illustrations or the printed text.
"The King who Wouldn't Dance" is a perfect example.

dl