[78-L] How a Columbia Record is Made (silently)

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 10:09:29 PDT 2010

I've long been curious about that too, and those leadout grooves on
Columbias as well from c.1927 onward.  You can see the start of that on this
film, when you see the turntable move rightward for a fraction of a second.
The cutting head mount doesn't move across the wax, the turntable moves
slowly instead.