[78-L] You want some cheese with that whine? (was "I'll Bet...")

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 6 15:26:36 PDT 2010

On 10/6/2010 4:34 PM, Michael Biel wrote:

> From: Cary Ginell<soundthink at live.com>
>> If you trust them and they don't deliver - then either educate them
>> or don't deal with them anymore. It's as simple as that. Cary Ginell
>
> They already have your money.  Sometimes your only recourse is bad
> feedback, but they might not care.  If the records were an unusual item
> for them, you wouldn't be dealing with them any more anyway.  Shipping
> insurance is usually valueless because it is void if it was packed
> improperly, and sometimes it covers only loss of the package.  (However
> I luckily did spend $5 for insured shipping for a $90 book from Japan
> because I got a refund when U.S. Customs at JFK lost the book.  The
> dealer found another copy 6 months later and I repaid and it did
> arrive.)
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

I was lucky on an insurance claim, since the packer really did screw up..180 or
so V-Discs, packed in only three boxes, and every single Columbia pressing was
cracked or broken. Then the insurance company sent the refund check to the
seller because I wasn't a US resident..! Yes he endorsed it to me.