[78-L] You want some cheese with that whine? (was "I'll Bet...")

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Wed Oct 6 12:13:11 PDT 2010

Doesn't anybody here read Feedback? If you receive a fragile 78 that's been wrapped in grocery bags, that person is not likely to have a pristine feedback record. Look at the feedback comments. Do you see comments that say "well-packed" or "professional seller"? How many negatives are there? Investigate what negatives there are. Do they seem like they're coming from disgruntled boneheads or are they legitimate gripes? If you buy a record from one of these suspect sellers and get stung, it's your own fault. Chalk it up to experience. Most sellers try to please their customers. I've been able to teach more than a few of them the best way to pack records. Bad packers can't get away with it forever. Something is bound to be broken if they continue sending them in cheap envelopes without proper padding and it's the responsibility of the buyer to report them through Feedback. Sellers may not be able to complain about bad customers anymore, but the reverse is still possible. Read your feedback and stop whining. There's lots of good stuff out there and reputable people to sell it.

Cary Ginell