[78-L] OT? Coin operated radio

D P Ingram darren at ingram.fi
Tue Oct 5 02:33:15 PDT 2010

Ah, thanks ! I would have thought there was more of a risk putting them in "lesser" properties if those people were thought to be more likely to attempt to use blanks and other items. Interesting, in any case. Thanks.

On 5 okt 2010, at 11.24, bradc944 at comcast.net wrote:

> I actually saw a couple of these at the last Vintage Voltage show in Denver in August.  They were usually found in motels of lesser quality and would afford the weary traveller access to their favorite radio programs... or so the ads for them stated.  Remember, there was still radio drama going on in the 1950s in the US, not to mention sport broadcasts, and portable radios were usually reserved for the middle-to-upper class.

¦ D P Ingram ¦ Ab Ingram Oy ¦
¦ darren at ingram.fi ¦  www.ingram.fi ¦
¦
¦ MUSIC LIBRARY FINLAND - www.musiclibrary.fi