[78-L] Removing Brown Parcel Tape.

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 12:57:17 PDT 2010

I wish I had a bit of that same tape and a junk 78 with which to try a
handheld hairdryer as a means of softening the adhesive at the point of
contact.  I've used this tactic to loosen stickers from LP sleeves on
Salvation Army finds (though I always have the records out of the sleeves
when I do this).  Temperature on HOT, the dryer held about 1/2" from the
sticker.

I haven't tried this on a 78 to test it....I hope the adhesive can be
softened enough to allow the tape to be pulled from the label without
ripping any of it off, and without melting the shellac if you do try
this....