[78-L] Removing Brown Parcel Tape.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 3 07:24:39 PDT 2010

Hi!

I was recently given three boxes of great operatic 78s, many of them
of Caruso and Gigli.
Moreover, they were mostly in almost mint condition.

HOWEVER, some idiot had packed them into bundles, using the sort of
brown sticky tape that you use on parcels and had wrapped this tape
all around so that it had got stuck to a few of the record labels.

If you try to pull it off, it destroys the label.

Now, I assume that water-based cleaning substances will not penetrate
the plastic of the tape and heat, of-course, will damage the records
themselves.

So...any suggestions for removing this brown sticky tape, please?

Earl Okin.