[78-L] [ARSCLIST] [FWD: need a 78 Rpm label: COLUMBIA CO E5283 (12 ")]

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Sep 28 09:19:47 PDT 2010

Subject: Re: need a 78 Rpm label: COLUMBIA CO E5283 (12 ")]
From: Margarida Ullate Estanyol <mullate at BNC.CAT>
Date: Tue, September 28, 2010 9:39 am
To: ARSCLIST at LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

> I don't know if it might help

 http://www.mygreekyoutube.com/video/kpCPmsSHaHg/-Chanakale-Canto-M-PAPAGIKA-in-Turkish.html

This certainly should help, because before the YouTube poster added to
the destruction of the record by playing it acoustically, he did show
the label close up.  The matrix number is 59818, and the copy he has is
a later repressing because it has a post-1925 label for an earlier
acoustical recording.

Dick -- I'm not near my set of your discography, do you have a recording
date?  Is this a U.S. recording?

I'll send this info on to the inquirer.

Thanks for your help.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com