No subject

Sat Sep 25 01:58:40 PDT 2010

f the origins of "jazz" on a page titled "Jazzical."

The "musical paprika of a dance-mad generation" is our present day Jazz=2C =
to date the last word of the last chapter of dance music. Whether the word =
"Jazz" comes from that trio of vagrant negroes nicknamed the Jackass-Jazzac=
ks or Jazz Band=2C which travelled around the South some twenty years ago=
=2C or from "Stale Bread's Spasm Band=2C" a group of New Orleans news boys =
who did musical stunts about the same time=2C may never be known=2C but Jaz=
z dance-music today has America sitting up nights and England and France sm=
ashing all precedents of propriety to hear and dance to Jazz rhythms.

I'm currently offering this item for sale on hoo-Haa along with some other =
vintage Columbia paper items to be posted later today.

Cary Ginell
 		 	   		  =