No subject

Sat Sep 25 01:58:40 PDT 2010

From: "David Lennick"<dlennick at sympatico.ca>
Ron L'Herault wrote:
> I'm sure there are quite a few of us who have LW 20.
> I don't have any other recording of him doing the tune though.

I have both, but it is amazing how many collectors have LW 20 but not
the Columbia.  It's not all that great a song and its only claim to fame
is it being practically the only LW made by a famous and easily
recognizable star.  The only reason to have the Columbia is as a
comparison to the LW or having to have EVERY Jolson.  Since it was in
the first LW release it did have a relatively long life in the catalog,
but has anyone ever seen it with a paper label?  I wonder if word "got
out" at the time that it was Jolson, and everyone rushed to their
Woolworth to grab it.  It probably sold more on LW than Columbia!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com =20