No subject

Sat Sep 25 01:58:40 PDT 2010

What is the orig. issue of mx 1596 by Eddie LeBaron?
Note that Art and DJD give different takes !

Han Enderman
=3D=3D=3D
>>> ... Tempo 25002, for which I'd appreciate help in identifying the =
artists.  The grey label with maroon print reads Musicraft Records Inc, =
New York City around the upper periphery. =20
Label indicates only "Orchestra with Vocal" on both sides.  Tunes are:
mx 1596-2  Latins Know How
mx 1699-1  I'll Never Smile Again

The band sounds like a late 1930s or 1940s swing band. =20
1596 has a female vocal and 1699 a male vocal.  Neither is familiar to =
me. =20
On the latter side, just before the vocalist comes in, his name is =
announced in the fashion=20
of the old radio remotes.  His first name is Chuck, but I can't make out =
his surname. =20
The Musicraft files that I have show only 5000 and 6000 series matrix =
numbers. =20
Can anyone help identify the band & vocalist, and the dates?
Art - zimrec at juno.com
---
Unlike the ubiquitous green label Masterpiece pressings, the Tempos are =
quite obscure.=20
I haven't seen one above 20007. 25002 is
A) (US1699-1) I'll Never Smile Again [LANG THOMPSON And His ORCHESTRA]
B) (US1596-1) Latins Know How [EDDIE LEBARON And His ORCHESTRA vocal Una =
Wyte ]=20
 DJD
---
So it's an Obie label, and distributed by Musicraft. Never seen one of =
those. - dl
---
Yeah, they came out in late 1940, just when the original Varsity discs =
were being remaindered=20
for pennies apiece. Having a grey label with no artist credit wasn't a =
big plus, either.
DJD
<<<