[78-L] EDDIE FISHER

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Sep 25 14:38:11 PDT 2010

Jimmie Davis also was notoriously meter-challenged. He actually employed somebody to come with him to recording sessions to point at him when it was time for him to sing. Listen to some of his Victor and Decca recordings and you'll hear him skip all kinds of beats. Davis was very unmusical, but he was sharp - he never was a songwriter, but knew a good song when he heard it ("You Are My Sunshine") and pounced on many with his wallet.

Cary Ginell