[78-L] Eddie Fisher on Columbia

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 25 11:50:53 PDT 2010

Definitely from the ban period, especially since these were covers of songs
that were already skirting the AFM. I played Toolie Oolie Shmoolie and threw up
(my hands in disgust and the record back on the shelf) and didn't play You
Can't Be Through, Dear so if Eddie's on that side, that's why I didn't hear him.

Two of the worst songs in the history of civilization (if you want to call it
that). Incidentally, I have a lacquer of part of an Arthur Godfrey show from
January 1948 and "Ed" Fisher sings on it.

dl