[78-L] Decca 100 & 101

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Sep 23 20:44:11 PDT 2010

From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Amendment..Brunswick's New York studios were still turning out custom
> recordings and radio transcriptions in the early 30s, but all commercial
> recording had gone over to ARC.

In fact, the studios pressed a number of 12" 78's for "National Radio
Advertising" and its successor (label name started with "S" but I can't
bring it to mind...?!). These issues use their 3xxxx matrix numbers as
their catalog numbers. I have bought these when I can find them
for sale (I acquired four in a small bunch of 78's that were given to
my mother MANY years ago!) The records were supplied to radio
stations for "air play"...they were supposed to be "destroyed after
use" but evidently some were NOT...?!

Steven C. Barr