[78-L] Newly-pressed Bix Beiderbecke 78

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 18 08:54:37 PDT 2010

Meanwhile, I can think of a few records where the speed is deliberately changed
at one point, for comic effect. Danny Kaye's "The Babbit And The Bromide" and
Paul Nero's "Hot Canary" play normally up to a point, and then the remainder of
the track is a 33 played at 78. This will probably lead to an entirely
different thread (Mel Blanc's "Woody Woodpecker", Gene Carroll's Animal
Records, The Chipmunks etc).

dl