[78-L] Newly-pressed Bix Beiderbecke 78

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 08:46:05 PDT 2010

I have an early 1970s pressing of WOW, and it looks to me like that track
was actually cut at 33 1/3 from tape, but a tape that was manipulated such
that cutting from it at 33 1/3 but playing the resulting cut at 78 gives
correct pitch of the music.  (Which manipulation looked to me like dubbing
an original tape that's been slowed down by 17 1/2% below half speed, and
cutting from the dub.)