[78-L] Newly-pressed Bix Beiderbecke 78

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 18 07:00:50 PDT 2010

At 08:49 18/09/2010, you wrote:
>I listened to the sample and they are definitely stereo.  Would this
>make these
>the first stereo 78s ever produced?  (Aside from the Blumlein
>recordings which
>must have been on 78.)
>
>db

Nope -- among the late 78s that are stereo you will find Buena by Joe
King Carrasco on Stiff in the UK (CROWN 1) in the 80s. But even
before that Leon Redbone's Alabama Jubilee and Please Don't talk
about Me When I'm Gone (Warner Bros PRO-S-750) was stereo.

http://www.cool78s.com/Cool_200901.html

It is, however a promo. I'm not sure about the UK Reprise 78 of Tiny
Tim - There'll Always Be an England/ Bless 'em All/ It's A Long Way
to Tipperary on Reprise RS 27004 may be stereo but I don't have it handy

http://www.cool78s.com/Cool_200906.html