[78-L] Well EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEE!!!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Sep 17 21:03:49 PDT 2010

see end
From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>
> Before it was Easy Listening, it was known (at least as far as radio
> formats go) as Beautiful Music. Before that, it was "MOR" (for
> Middle-Of-the-Road).
> Cary Ginell
>> From: stevenc at interlinks.net
>> From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
>> > I found myself enjoying a lot of the pure stuff once I began exploring
>> > it,
>> > but
>> > as far as I was concerned the well had been poisoned by the easy
>> > listening
>> > covers by Tony Bennett, Frankie Laine et al. That to me was garbage.
>> > Dinah
>> > Shore's "Keep it a Secret"? Blechhhh.
>> Point being that so-called "Easy Listening" (an actual radio category at
>> one
>> time?!) was music carefully designed to offend as few listeners as
>> possible,
>> while NOT inspiring any of its hearers...?! It is effectively music
>> stripped
>> of
>> any emotional content...and the latter is and always has been the primary
>> purpose of its existence...?!
>> Steven C. Barr

WHATEVER they called it...it was (and remains) "content-free"
"Nice" music that one can listen to without EVER having to think about it
(or anything else?!)...! Admittedly, the Internet is making equivalent
content
readily available in virtually ALL fields...?!

THINK?! Naah...why bother? That task can be given to less-paid peasants...?!

I await an inevitable crisis as things we take for granted begin NOT to
occur...?!

Steven C. Barr