[78-L] Layers of lacquer?

Milan Milovanovic milanpmilovanovic4 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 12:35:49 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Layers of lacquer?

> As was mentioned by dl, some of the mastering grade discs would be sold
> with a preferred side.  This came in the quality control section. >

As far as I know, there was also preferred side for Decelith discs,
although, I don't know if they're used them for mastering and electroplating
later. It can be the case for the black Decelith discs (no paper label on
"worse" side), but some of them such as translucent went for recording both
sides.