[78-L] Well EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEE!!!

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 08:40:02 PDT 2010

Mantovani may convey some emotion (not that I have ever detected any in his
work) but I find no intensity there...that's what I look for in music as well as
emotion(s)...

Both intensity and emotion(s) are to be found in the work of artists and pieces
of music I like...Son House, Charley Patton, Elmore James, Howlin' Wolf, Otis
Spann, Louis Armstrong, Albert Ammons, Jerry Lee Lewis, Frank Hutchison, Peggy
Lee, Billie Holiday, Blind Boy Fuller, Curtis Jones, Sonny Burgess, Ray Taylor,
Warren Smith, Johnny Cash, Onie Wheeler, Dock Boggs, Vince Taylor, Gene Vincent,
Little Richard....Beethoven, Chopin, Rachmaninov....

But not Mantovani or any other purveyor of Easy Listening in my view...

But I respect the fact that anyone can like what they want...but I'll never dig
Mantovani, Stanley Black etc...

Regards,
Matthew Duncan