[78-L] Layers of lacquer?

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 07:16:19 PDT 2010

Layers of lacquer?

I was asked this morning how the aluminum-lacquer ("acetate") records were made, and I realized that I really didn’t know.  Specifically, were the discs dipped in a vat or what?  I used to think so, but I’ve seen a few that had a straight edge along the outer rim that indicated to me that maybe a ribbon of lacquer was aid on the discs.  And, I suppose, it may have varied from Presto to Wilcox etc.  I’m sure somebody (paging Dr Biel) out there knows.  It may even have been discussed/answered here before, but not under a meaningful subject title that could be searched, of course.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.