[78-L] Motels--was: Re: Never Know What You'll Find

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Sep 14 21:03:46 PDT 2010

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> Just shows...the only thing I ever found in Grass Pants was a really good
> Italian bistro and a very good and reasonable non-chain motel (think it's
> called The Redwoods).

Back in the days when I still owned an auto-mobile, I used to look for
inexpensive lodging along "US highways" which paralleled Interstate
superhighways. I generally found motels which were nice but NOT
expensive (compared to "chain motels," anyway?!). About 20-25 years
ago, I stopped at (IIRC) "The Blue Lantern" on US 20 a bit west of
Buffalo. Not only were the rates cheap...but around 11 p.m. the
owner joined us (me and my brother) with a couple of 6-packs
(of cold beer)...!

As the old saying goes...a good time was had by all!

Steven C. Barr