[78-L] e-bay bidding

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Mon Sep 13 13:47:53 PDT 2010

Malcolm Rockwell wrote:

 And
nobody wins but the buyer willing to pay just to beat out everyone else.
And the seller, of course.

This isn't entirely true.  Programs like e-snipe, (automatic bidding in the last
few seconds), have scared off many legitimate bidders like myself.  I have often
bid on an item only to lose it in the last few seconds to a sniper.  Hence I
have for the most part stopped bidding on e-bay.  If bidding had proceeded as
it's supposed to with a series of bidders upping the previous bids, the item
would go for much more but now many items just sit at or near the minimum bid
until a sniper grabs it at the end for a cheap price.  The seller loses out on
this process.

db