[78-L] Never Know What You'll Find

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Sep 13 12:55:22 PDT 2010

When I was in 8th grade,  our school rummage sale had a huge stack of 20th
Century Fox records of musical soundtracks...everything from Alexander's
Ragtime Band to Orchestra Wives back to earlier stuff I can't recall.  They
were ten cents each,  and since I  "wasn't sure" what they were,  I let 'em
go.

But...just last year I went to a house sale not too far from where I
live...and bought about 40 one-sided pop Victors and such (1903 -1910) in as
close to new condition as possible...and,  shades of 1965,  THEY were ten
cents each.  But,  not willing to miss a chance to screw up,  there were
also about fifty thick Edisons of pop stuff which I failed to look at (all
paper labels,  many dance bands) and they were ten cents each,  too.  By the
time I realized I'd messed up and went back,  they were long gone.

Taylor