[78-L] Another Museum Closes

Ken "Silver Showcase" kenreg at tds.net
Mon Sep 13 10:51:43 PDT 2010

Bill Knowlton wrote:
> Just got word that the Liberace Museum is closing, joining the Roy Rogers Museum as toast.
>
> Sad nobody cares anymore about anybody dead except Elvis <g>

Well, its really not a surprise.  Although wildly popular in his day,
time moves on.  As Taylor pointed on in another post, the the generation
that enjoyed Liberace and Roy Rogers, who's museum also closed, is
dieing off.  Although I would enjoy going to either of those museums and
am sad to see them close, to be realistic I think the best hope is for
an entertainment museum that would be inclusive of all iconic performers
from various genres.  Such a museum could highlight everyone from
Liberace to Harry Lauder.  (And both men made 78s so this is on topic.)

-- Ken