[78-L] OLD TIMES label - reissues of ASV CDs

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Wed Sep 8 04:13:08 PDT 2010

>I heard the JSP Berigan set and the
> sound was inferior to the Mosaic. Independent remastering or "dumbing
> down" of the sound to hide its origin?

Wow! Sneaky!
In JSP's defense, I do believe they have been doing a lot of their own
remastering on the newer sets.
I've seen a few that even have "From the collection of Joe Bussard" or
"Remastering by Chris King" printed on the cover!

Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/
78rpm Auctions - http://www.vmauctions.com/
On Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/venerablemusic