[78-L] what a work of fiction

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 7 15:00:24 PDT 2010

The various series numbers related to price and content, in a way similar to
the price structure Victor had for Red Seals (common, mid price, multiple
artists etc).

L-1000, 10-inch $3.00
L-4500, 10-inch $1.75
L-7000, 12-inch $4.50 (this is where they should have issued the Schubert)
L-11600, L-11700, 12-inch $3.00
	(11600 is manual sequence, 11700 is automatic)
L-11600-S, 12-inch single faced, $1.50
L-16000, 10-inch $0.85
L-24000, 10-inch $1.50
L-35000, 12-inch $2.25
l-36000, 12-inch $1.25
67-2000, 12-inch picture record $3.00

US prices, from 1934 catalogue

I'm not sure if Canadian Victor issued everything automatically. These things
are scarce enough to begin with. By 1941, only a couple of records of organ
music for funeral parlours were still listed.

dl