[78-L] He's back...!; "RCA Victor Co." Scroll label

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue Sep 7 12:47:14 PDT 2010

Greetings from FixitLand!

Yes it's me and I'm back again...<grin>...

Got a recent acquisition which surprised me. Until last Friday, the
highest-numbered black-label Victor I'd seen with "RCA Victor Co."
Scroll labels (with "VE" top and bottom, and "Orthophonic Recording"
above Nipper) was 25042. In that Friday acquisition was a copy of
Victor 25122, not only with "RCA Victor Co." Scroll labels but
Oakland-pressed with an 'O' on both sides' labels (late Oakland
pressings tend to have the 'O' on only one side). How high have you
good folks seen those labels go?

Also got a copy of Brunswick 7839 with *gold print* (West Coast
pressing), exceeding by around 200 numbers the highest such label
I've previously seen...! Has a weird typeface to boot.

For anyone interested, I've posted the Tommy Dorsey April 3 and 15,
1936 sessions at the BigBandJazzMusic Yahoo! Group.

Take care,

J. E. Knox 'The Victor Freak'
—
Poof read? Why brother?