[78-L] Irving Mills Vi 22669

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Sep 6 15:23:28 PDT 2010

Anyone who has the "new"   Rust Dance Band set...could one of you check for
me and see if they managed to include

Vi 22669  Irving Mills and his Orchestra.  DOIN' THE RUMBA b/w SO SWEET.
Vocals by The Sunshine Boys.

One of my Desert Island Disks...no solo work but one Hell of a fine ensemble
sound,  esp. on "Rumba."

And speaking of The Sunshine Boys...is this the only side they made for
Victor?  I only know them from their Columbias,  a few sides for Melotone,
and this one.  Joe made many records later for Decca but not until the 40s.

Any info on any of the above appreciated.

Thanks from

Taylor