[78-L] Original Abrams files (one file per label)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Sep 3 13:01:13 PDT 2010

From: "Ron Fial" <ron at fial.com>

> Following is the zipfile of the original Abrams files, one file per label,
> in an old flat-file
>   database format.  I used to have a web site where these files were in a
> searchable database,
>   but it was destroyed some time ago by a disk crash.  May re-create it
> when I have time.
> Meanwhile, the original files are downloadable from the 78-L web list.
> I originally unzipped the files, then wrote a program or script to
> separate and cut out the data for each column of the tables, then ran that
> script on each table, creating new label database tables in MySQL.  I then
> wrote a web interface program in PHP to search by artist, title, etc. and
> cough up the information to a web browser.
>
> Download the 15 Megabyte .zip of the original Abrams files with this link:
>    http://www.78online.com/abrams.zip

Thanxes muchly! I don't need the files; I downloaded them a while back, and
am now updating them phonorecord by phonorecord as I look through the
hundreds of 78's I bought from (and was sent by) "Nickjay!" When I am
finally finished (barring my unexpected demise?!) I will have a bunch of
"improved versions" of the AF...!

I can send these to you should you see fit...?!

Steven C. Barr