[78-L] Hawaiian Recording and Publishing Co

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Thu Sep 2 22:24:40 PDT 2010

Greetings.  I just acquired a collection of 78s with many Hawaiian record labels and found one I haven't seen before.  It can be viewed here:

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/HPARC/

This is H-1-A/B and I've found an H-2-A/B online, both by the Morgan Sisters.  I've looked on the 'net and there isn't a whole lot of information available on the artists or the label.  A YouTube person said this label is c.1953 and that's about all I know.

Any info on how long this company was in business? How many records were released?  Which artists recorded for this label?

Thanks!

P.S. - Also got my first '49th State' label.  Cool!

CDB